HOME

AnGenMap ArchivedPost

From listmasteranimalgenome.org  Thu Oct 17 07:48:26 2024
From: "Jose Espinosa-Carrasco" <joseantonio.espinosacrg.es>
Postmaster: submission approved by list moderator
To: Members of AnGenMap <angenmapanimalgenome.org>
Subject: Recording of the October meeting of
        #Animal-Genomics: Roderic Guigó
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2024 07:48:26 -0500
Dear all,

Apologies for the late notice about yesterday's #Animal-Genomics meeting.
The good news is that the session was recorded, and you can watch it here:

https://youtu.be/LOqk-fNEPvQ

As a small spoiler, during the presentation, Dr. Guig announced that
today's GENCODE release would reveal an expanded annotation of 40,000
lncRNA genes, doubling the size of annotated lncRNA. This marks the largest
increase in GENCODE's twenty-year history.

If you want to stay updated on the #Animal-Genomics nf-core special
interest group activities, I suggest you join nf-core Slack here:
https://nf-co.re/join/slack and then join the #animal-genomics channel. In
that channel, we announce the monthly meetings and share the session
recordings.

As a preview, next month's meeting will feature Harris Lewin, chair of the
working group for the Earth BioGenome Project, who will discuss the project
in his presentation.

Best regards,

Jose Espinosa-Carrasco

© 2003-2024: USA · USDA · NRPSP8 · Program to Accelerate Animal Genomics Applications. Contact: Bioinformatics Team